This post contains affiliate links, we'll earn compensation if you make a purchase using them at no additional cost to you 😊
These adorable dogs come in a variety of colors and patterns, providing us pet owners a lot of freedom, especially when it involves picking the ideal name.
A name like Dottie, Perdita, or Domino is a fun way to link your dog’s name to her appearance if she has a speckled coat pattern.
Or, if your dog enjoys snuggling up next to you on the couch while you watch Netflix or Disney+, honor his love of movies by choosing a name like Mickey, Snoopy, Fly, or Meeko.
Regardless of your dog’s breed, you can choose any black and white dog name from the category below. All you have to do is choose the most suitable and right one.
Black and white dog names based on different categories
Despite your dog’s breed, a black and white dog always stands out in many different colored dogs. Therefore, it’s only fair to your dog if you choose the most suitable name for your dog.
Here, I have shared the best black and white dog names based on different categories. There you go:
Black and white girl dog names
Black and white boy dog names
- Pepe (Le Pew)
- Nyx (God of the night)
names inspired by popular Disney characters For Black and white dog
- Mickey (after Mickey Mouse)
- Minnie (after Minnie Mouse)
- Cruella (from Cruella de Vil in “101 Dalmatians”)
- Pongo (from “101 Dalmatians”)
- Perdita (from “101 Dalmatians”)
- Panda (like the character from “Kung Fu Panda”)
- Zorro (inspired by Zorro from various adaptations)
- Figaro (Geppetto’s cat in “Pinocchio”)
- Patch (from “101 Dalmatians”)
- Jafar (from “Aladdin”)
- Dopey (from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”)
- Sylvester (from “Looney Tunes,” but also a classic black and white cartoon character)
- Bagheera (from “The Jungle Book”)
- Zazu (from “The Lion King”)
- Dalmatia (a nod to the “101 Dalmatians” story)
- Cinder (from “Cinderella”)
- Pumbaa (from “The Lion King”)
- Piano (inspired by the iconic black and white keys)
- Nala (from “The Lion King”)
- Pongo (from “101 Dalmatians”)
Black and white dog names inspired by food
names inspired by pop culture For Black and white dog
- Elvis (after Elvis Presley, “The King of Rock and Roll”)
- Sabbath (inspired by the band Black Sabbath)
- Bowie (after David Bowie)
- Hendrix (after Jimi Hendrix)
- Jagger (after Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones)
- Cobain (after Kurt Cobain of Nirvana)
- Zeppelin (inspired by Led Zeppelin)
- Sade (after the singer Sade)
- Floyd (after Pink Floyd)
- Stevie (after Stevie Wonder)
- Dylan (after Bob Dylan)
- Joan (after Joan Jett)
- Cash (after Johnny Cash)
- Prince (after the artist formerly known as Prince)
- Gaga (after Lady Gaga)
- Joplin (after Janis Joplin)
- Santana (after Carlos Santana)
- Mozart (after Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
- Madonna (after the Queen of Pop)
- Lennon (after John Lennon of The Beatles)
names inspired by animals For Black and white dog
- Panda (inspired by the black and white bear)
- Zebra (referring to the black and white stripes)
- Orca (like the black and white killer whale)
- Penguin (resembling the black and white coloring of penguins)
- Panda Bear (a combination of two cute animals)
- Dalmatian (after the black and white spotted breed)
- Skunk (like a skunk’s black and white fur)
- Badger (inspired by the black and white markings of a badger)
- Puffin (after the black and white seabird)
- Polar Bear (for the white fur and black nose)
- Magpie (like the black and white bird)
- Holstein (after the Holstein-Friesian breed of cattle)
- Pied (a term often used in reference to animals with black and white patches)
Tips to consider while naming black and white dogs
When naming a black and white dog, ensure to follow the following tips to name your dog with the best suitable name possible:
- You can use many resources while naming a black and white dog, such as book characters and terms, TV characters, Disney characters, food, heritage, and your dog’s appearance. So, do not restrict yourself to fit a name that is only related to the black-and-white theme.
- Ensure that the name you are choosing for your dog does not match the pronunciation of any dog training commands.
- Ensure to call out the names from the above list to your dog once you’ve shortlisted them. So, whichever name your dog reacts or responds to should be your dog’s name for life, as the dog itself chooses it.
- Avoid using human names to name a dog, as it might offend people with the same name.
Choosing one from these many black-and-white dog names should be easy for you now, as they are all from different interesting categories.
However, you don’t need to stress about choosing a name related to black-and-white colors or themes. If you think an ordinary name suits your dog more, you can always go for it.
Moreover, if you are still looking for the perfect name for your dog, you can click here to get the best dog name generator list.
Names like whiskey, magic, marble, freckles, and zig-zag are more suitable for a black and white dog. So, you can choose any one of them and see if your dog responds to it.
A black and white dog with a design like a black spot on white fur has special looks, and names like Polka, dotty, and Domino are my top 3 suggestions that will definitely suit their appearance.
Border collies, Dalmatians, Siberian huskies, Boston Terriers, English Springer Spaniels, American Eskimo dogs, Newfoundlands, Australian Shepherds, Rat Terrier, Bichon Frise, Papillon, and Landseer are the popular dog breeds that include black and white dogs.