This post contains affiliate links, we'll earn compensation if you make a purchase using them at no additional cost to you 😊
Large dogs can be more difficult to contain than smaller dogs as they have more power. It would be best to have a weapon like the best wireless fence for large dogs alongside.
With the help of a wireless fence system, you can give your dog a secure space wherever you take them and quickly find them if they get lost.
Here, let’s talk about significant mental peace, right?
The subject of wireless fences might seem fairly confusing when first explored. It involves small and large sizes, numerous response options, different cellular plans, and many other things to consider.
But don’t worry. In order to help you choose the finest wireless fence choice for your requirements, I have ruled out some of the top solutions and explained their advantages and disadvantages.
6 Best Wireless Fence For Large Dogs (Overview)
Here is a table representing the six best wireless fences for large dogs, along with their best feature and pricing.
|Sr. No.||Best Wireless Fence For Large Dogs||Price||Ratings|
|1.||Petsafe Free To Roam Wireless Pet Containment System||$289.95||5/5|
|2.||Extreme Dog Fence||$189.95||5/5|
|3.||Focuser Electric Wireless Dog Fence System||$169.95||5/5|
|4.||Sit Boo-Boo Hidden Wireless Dog Fence||$179.99||4.5/5|
|5.||GoodBoy Electric In-ground Dog Fence||$269.99||4.3/5|
|6.||Weiz GPS Wireless Dog Fence||$224.95||4/5|
List Of All Our Handpicked Best Wireless Fences For Large Dogs
After previewing all our best wireless fences for large dogs, we have explained them in detail below in detail, featuring the fence’s technical specifications, pros, cons, and price.
1. Petsafe Free To Roam Wireless Pet Containment
This PetSafe wireless dog fence applies a radio transmitter to establish a customizable looping perimeter surrounding it rather than a GPS system.
To basically change the dimensions of your pet’s activity area, you simply connect to the transmitting device and turn the dial.
The optimum size of this confinement setup is 1/2 acre. The waterproof wireless dog collar that is included utilizes five distinct correction modes (or a sound-only mode) to maintain your dog inside the perimeter.
- Adjustable and waterproof collar with sizes from 6 to 28 inches.
- It has 50 virtual fence flags to help the dog while training.
- five correction levels.
- It has a tone-only mode.
- You are able to add multiple to the device and can set each of them with their own correction settings.
- The collar can be adjusted to fit small-sized dogs.
- It has a long battery life that lasts up to 2 months.
- It doesn’t require a network subscription.
- The boundary can be set only in a circular shape.
- Its battery is replaceable and not rechargeable.
2. Extreme Dog Fence
The Extreme Dog Fence, specifically the 2020 edition of the second generation, is the next item on our list of the top invisible dog fences.
It comes in the basic kit, which includes everything you need for your regular invisible dog fence. Although it is quite pricy, the Extreme Dog Fence second Gen can house 1 to 5 dogs simultaneously.
It has a standard-grade fence of 500 feet that can be modified to a fence of 2500 feet.
Plus, what makes this collar different from its previous models is that its upgraded components are designed to suit the new collars. It is made waterproof and submerged in water.
- The fence can be extended from 500 feet to 2500 feet grade fence.
- It is waterproof.
- The capacity of the collar receiver is 25-acre capacity.
- It is made with copper gauge wires which are highly conductive.
- You add unlimited collars to it.
- Every feature of this collar is customizable.
- The gauge wires of this fence have insulation of 15 ml.
- It is not built with surge protectors to come in handy when it’s lightening outside to take the consequences.
3. Focuser Electric Wireless Dog Fence System
Among the collars used for dog fencing, the Focuser Electric Wireless Dog Fence System has received a lot of favorable feedback on Amazon.
As a result, II bought and tested this item without a second thought. It is the greatest inexpensive invisible fence for dogs, in my opinion.
For dogs of all sizes, the Focuser receiver collar is appropriate. Having a collar size that extends from 8 to 21 inches, it is best for dogs weighing between Ten and 110 lb.
Given that the collar is water-resistant, if your dog is anything like mine and likes to play with water, especially when it rains, you shouldn’t be concerned about it becoming wet.
Implementing the directions in the user manual made setting up this gadget quite simple. Whereas using a collar and paying attention to alerts, I turned on the transmitter and measured the area’s perimeter.
It didn’t require my dog long to grasp the limits, and he responded when given commands.
- Adjustable boundary levels of 1 to 16 with a 25-300m radius coverage.
- A rechargeable built-in battery.
- Its collar receiver is certified with a water resistance rating of IP67.
- It has an in-built safety microchip to stop your dog from overreacting.
- You can add up to 10 dogs.
- It has a highly customizable radius.
- It has a rechargeable collar.
- You require to buy the collar separately.
- It takes time to set up.
Price: $169.95 (On Amazon)
4. My Pet Command Wireless Underground Dog Fence System
Another dog fence I evaluated is the My Pet Command Wireless Underground Fence System. It is a good solution for our dog’s underground fence confinement. The collars are suitable for dogs with neck sizes ranging between 121 to 68 cm and weighing 5 to 70 kg.
The My Pet Command Wireless Underground Fence System serves as a dog fence and training system.
When the dog approaches the wire fence, the fence automatically sends wireless communications to the collars plus the hand-held handheld device for manual operation.
492 feet of top-notch polyolefin fence cable was included in the bundle, which was more than adequate for my needs. Because of its flexibility, the wire is ideal for making custom borders.
Both the collar plus handheld devices are rechargeable; my collar needs recharging after roughly one week in the fencing zone and a couple of days during training mode. The remote is easy to use and has a battery life of over seven days before requiring a recharge.
- Customizable invisible fence.
- Sizes range between medium and large to extra large dog breeds.
- It is certified with a waterproof rating of IPX7.
- It has an efficient GPS positioning which makes the functioning better.
- It is suitable for all dog sizes.
- The collar can be customized for different training modes.
- Boundaries can be adjusted as per the user’s need.
- The battery exhausts quickly.
- The GPS technology of this fence is inconsistent.
Price: $179.99 (On Amazon)
5. Dogtra E-Fence 3500
The Dogtra E-Fence is an ideal underground wireless dog fence choice for big or differently shaped confinement spaces, but requiring significantly more effort to construct than wireless fencing.
There are two operating modes for the collar. Another has a pager-only function which stimulates to alert you to turn around whenever the dog approaches the barrier.
The other mode, pager/correction, will vibrate and issue a static correction to the dog when they reach the limit.
A sophisticated filtering system prevents external triggers from activating your dog’s collar, minimizing the incidence of perplexing unintended corrections. This makes it simpler for you to keep teaching your dog the boundaries of your fence.
- It has stimulation of 8 levels for dog breeds and behaviors.
- It has a lithium polymer battery with 2 hours of full charging.
- It is waterproof.
- It has a coverage of 40 acres.
- It has an advanced filtering system.
- It has an adjustable width of the signal field.
- It alerts you when in case of wire breakage.
- The battery performance is poor.
Price: $269.99 (On Amazon)
6. Weiz GPS Wireless Dog Fence
With the Wiez GPS Wireless Dog Fence, your pooch can access a huge 776-acre boundary area thanks to GPS signals from 12 satellites.
There is no requirement for an additional transmitter in the house because that border is established by satellites that speak directly with your pet’s collar.
The system is completely portable as a result. All you must do to contain your dog is set a fresh GPS border via their collar. Additionally, since the collar saves your prior beep, vibration, Plus static correction options, you will not need to reset it.
Any GPS system has one major disadvantage: it is simple for weather conditions and overhead barriers to have an impact.
- It has a range coverage of 6561 ft.
- It has 32 customizable training modes.
- It is waterproof with an IPX4 rating.
- It has an area coverage of up to 776 acres.
- It doesn’t require a separate transmitter.
- It is portable.
- The GPS is interfered with by weather.
Price: $224.95 (On Amazon).
Final Verdict: Best Wireless Fence For Large Dogs In (2023)
The electric dog fence is now much more advanced! Certain functions I had no idea existed were uncovered while writing this post.
The conventional dog fence could fail to be a practical option to keep one’s dog secure in such a hectic environment! Upgrading your dog containment system with the best wireless dog fences from the list above is a terrific idea.
You will definitely get a dog fence system that enables you to take care of your dog’s safety and provide them with a lot of independence, regardless of how frequently you travel, how often you enjoy going backpacking or scavenging with your pup, or where you live.
A wireless dog fence can have a perimeter of up to approximately 776 acres. The reason being it is the satellite. The satellite communicates directly with the collar, so you don’t need a separate transmitter.
A PVC deer block netting is the cheapest fence alternative to contain a dog, along with other alternatives like Metal Wire Fences, Poultry Netting, and Wood Pallet Fences.
To be honest, wireless dog fences are 70% effective approximately becasue dogs with stubborn and aggressive natures will not necessarily be restrained with the help of a wireless dog fence.